Sunday 26 April 2015

the changing character of the studio


If, like me, you spend far too many hours in your studio then it becomes more than just a place of work.  And, if like me, you make/design/collect for a living then your surroundings will be that of a happy place.  
Every flat wall, every corner, holds so many memories.  


I take a lot of photographs of the studio to document its changing faces...Every few months it changes in character and in appearance and purpose.  This suits me.  I am not too good at routine, similarity from day to day is not my ideal, rooms have to change in layout, hoardings come and go, and furniture dances around the house in turn, particularly as a new piece arrives through the door.  

I suppose it it why I have adapted to working from home so well and have a family, that either don't mind, or, have become so used to my ways that they now do not even notice......














7 comments:

  1. So much pretty! I hope you are having a happy weekend in your beautiful studio :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a pleasure to work Jeska...how lucky we are xxxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first visit here! My, I love looking at all your pretty inspiration!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and it is lovely having you stop by Cozy Little House....shall I put the kettle on Brenda while you look around ;) xxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  4. Just saw you mentioned over on Laura at Décor to Adore's blog, Vicky, and I had to come over and visit! Love your creative space and you've got some wonderful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I am pleased as punch that you have found me...especially via another admirer Laura,warms my heart when people leave a comment and thank you for your lovely message Kathy xxxxxx

      Delete